Boiled corn is an American delicacy that is becoming more and more popular. However, it is not easy to buy the right corn and prepare it well. How to boil corn?
If we want to eat tasty corn, first, we must buy one. For food, choose the sweetcorn, young, with not very large cob. In order not to lose quality, it is worth making it the same day.
How to cook corn on the cob The most important rules
It might seem that cooking corn is a trivial matter, but to get the full flavor of this vegetable, you need to stick to a few rules. First of all, we do not cook corn in salt water. The reason is simple – it will become hard. Instead of salt, you can add a little sugar that will emphasize the natural taste of corn. We can sprinkle it with salt or other spices after preparation, when it is still warm. Some cook corn in water with the addition of milk, this is a good solution if we want the taste to be more delicate.
- 4 fresh or frozen maize
- 2 tbsp sugar
- butter for serving or non-dairy vegan margarine -> vegan butter
- salt before sprinkling
- sometimes garlic butter
- I peel all the corn from leaves and hair. Sometimes I cut in half at other times I leave the whole. I choose the size of corn for the pot :), sometimes the opposite, it all depends on how much I need to cook the cobs at a time.
- Boils water with sugar, put in the corn, wait for boiling again and cook 10 minutes evenly, when there are more, then up to 15 minutes.
- I fish out a spoon or tongs, put them on plates, salt and cover with butter.
How to make corn in the microwave?
- Place the cleaned corn cob in a special microwave cooking dish with vent on the lid or in a dish covered with cling film (you need to make 2-3 holes in it to drain the steam), pour 2-3 tablespoons of water and cook at the highest power 5 min.
- You can also wrap the corn with a paper towel, then immerse in water.
- Put the flasks in a wet towel in the microwave and cook for about 5 minutes.
How to make corn from the oven?
- Baked corn is simply delicious. Corn on the cob is roasted in Mexico. The best for this is corn that is not peeled or carefully wrapped in foil. Just put it in an oven preheated to 175 ° C and bake for about 40-45 minutes, until it becomes soft.
- After removing from the oven, we remove the leaves and mustaches from the flasks or remove the aluminum foil. Lubricate each flask with butter, sprinkle with chili, grated hard cheese, chopped parsley and sprinkle with lime juice. Here is Mexican baked corn.