Crab legs are a delicacy that can be prepared in many ways and relax at home. Most frozen crab legs are sold pre-cooked, just warm them up and improve them somehow. How to cook crab legs?
Crabs are 10-legged crustaceans that are among the most consumed seafood in the world. They live on the banks of grassy or rocky bottoms. We should more often follow the example of the inhabitants of Mediterranean countries, where seafood is very popular, because they are a source of high-quality protein and B vitamins.
- 1350 g crab legs, frozen and pre-cooked
- 1 teaspoon (15 ml) of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) of dried garlic
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of fennel
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- Let the crab’s legs thaw. Put them in the fridge in the evening before you want to serve them. Slower thawing in the fridge is recommended, but if you need to burn your feet faster, you can place them for a few minutes under cold running water. Most of the frozen crab legs are already pre-cooked. If you prefer raw cheese, you probably won’t have many other options than to buy a whole live crab. Boil the crab’s foot as soon as possible after thawing. It stays in the fridge for a very short time, just two days, and cannot be frozen again.
- Fill a large pot with water and taste. Water should reach about half the height of the pot. Add salt, dried garlic and dill and bring the water to a boil with medium to high flame. Instead of the classic pot, you can also use the so-called Dutch pool. Instead of dried garlic and dill, you can use 2 tablespoons of fish and seafood spices or mix any favorite mixture according to your imagination.
- Add the crab leg to the pot. Lower the burner temperature and cook the crab leg for 3 to 6 minutes. Keep the pan uncovered while cooking the crab legs. Cook the crab legs as long as they heat up. If you cook them too long, you will destroy their delicate taste. Water should be drawn rather than spitting when cooking crabs with legs.
- Serve hot. Pull out the crab leg with pliers and place on a platter. Enjoy the best now. You can add crab legs with melted butter if you like.
- Thaw the crab leg. Let them thaw in the fridge. If you want to defrost your feet faster, you can leave them under cold running water for a while.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Prepare a shallow baking mold and fill it with less than half a centimeter of warm water. Since the pan goes into the hot oven, it is better to use hot instead of cold or lukewarm water.
- Place the leg dough in a baking tray. Put them in water in one layer. After fitting the crab legs, cover the Alobal pan. You can pour water into the baking pan before you put the legs in the crab.
- Bake until the legs warm up thoroughly. Turn it on once during baking. The total baking time is 7-10 minutes for crab legs. It is not necessary, however, if after four minutes your crab’s legs rotate, they will be more evenly done. Don’t forget to cover the oven again before putting it in the oven.
- Serve hot. Immediately after removing the oven, transfer the crab leg to the serving dish. Bake with melted butter and salt.